How much can an iframe or embed do?

I've never really thought enough about it. I mainly use iframe or embed for a video or audio, sometimes I've tried to embed a document from the Internet Archive. But why wouldn't it work with a web page generally? And is there a copyright issue with such a thing? So, I will try to find something that is creative commons or public domain, I suppose, in order to test this out.Or, maybe I'll use something from one of my own blogs.

Update: I had to take my blog out of the iframe. I was really distorting the view count of my other blog that way. Of course, many of those extra views were mine while I was working on it. So, instead, here is a book about pirates from the Internet Archive.




Hmmm....perhaps you could do it with almost any webpage, but I suspect that some won't render correctly.

Just as I suspected. Some webpages work, and others do not. I also tried to use a public domain book from project Guttenberg, but it would not render in an iframe no matter how I attempted to do it.Yet it works with my other blog. I don't know what the criteria are that allows one to work, and one not to work.

Popular Posts