try the audio with a different tag

Now, I'm going to see what happens with the various tags using audio from this site. Hmm, nothing with that site using the embed. Now, I'm going to confirm that the Internet Archive downloads will behave differently with same tag. Of course, all of this might be device specific, like a tablet might not always show what a laptop or desktop computer show.
Ok, so what the archive download did is work, but play upon opening, so that isn't very good. What about the iframe tag (with the archive audio)? No, it is always going to play upon start up then.What about iframe using tindeck? Probably the same as embed, but I'll try it.Yes, same as embed tag. Just for fun, because I can't remember any other tag I've missed (except the audio tag of course, which I know what would happen), I'll try the object tag. Ok, with the tindeck source, it seems like it wants to work, but doesn't. How about with the archive source?

Ok, I've tried them all for audio, and the only two that work well are the audio tag (of course) and the link to the direct download. Of the two, especially with the internet archive, I prefer the link. So, that is the one I will leave here: play or download song See below please.

The only thing is that I don't know if some browsers might download the song or simply play, as it does in Chrome and Firefox  from my experience. It may be that one has to initially tell the browser what to do with the media. Perhaps the audio tag is the safest. 

Update: It would seem that at least Firefox asks what to do with the direct link, rather than playing it as Chrome seems to do. 

Popular Posts