no html video was working on chrome, and I figured why (I think)

This evening, I checked on my blogs, and none of my html video was working on Chrome. So, I tried Firefox, and it worked, but I also have an add on that forces html video and audio to work in Firefox. Still, even after disabling the add on, it seemed to work. I tried Opera as well, and it didn't work.

In the case of Opera, I'll have to look into it. But with Chrome, there were two reasons why it wasn't playing. One was an extension that can adjust the tone of the audio, like an equalizer, that I had installed from the Chrome Web Store. The other had to do with "hardware acceleration"  being checked on in the settings.

So, if one finds that html5 video and audio are not always playing in Chrome, likely it is because of the "hardware acceleration" setting. Meanwhile, I'll try to write the code for video and audio better. There is a better (at least longer) way of doing it which I might try.

Popular Posts