Ubuntu, Manjaro (Arch and Debian) and what just works

Odd as it may seem, lately I've had better luck with Arch based Manjaro than with Debian based Ubuntu. Manjaro is supposed like cutting edge, all the updates are really the latest (pretty much). Ubuntu is supposed to be a bit more stable, with Debian being acclaimed as the most stable distro that never breaks.

But lately, Ubuntu gives me error messages and freezes, goes into like a locked sleep mode until I can get it to respond and bring the desk top back up. Manjaro seems to "just work" as Ubuntu used to claim as a motto.

I find it a bit of a hassle to install a new OS, with having to make sure everything is backed up - and just the time it takes. But, I'm leaning more towards running Manjaro exclusively, and ditching Ubuntu entirely.

Part of it could be my machine, which is relatively old, but the netbook I'm running Manjaro on is also old. Linux is all about choice, but sometimes it feels like there is too much choice. None-the-less, I'm glad I have options other than Ubuntu (or even Debian) if need be. I'm not giving up on my Ubuntu yet though.

Popular Posts